Peppermint Candy Cookies
2/3 c light butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
3/4 c Splenda
1/4 c liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp mint extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pkg (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese
1 pkg (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c Splenda
30 hard sugar-free peppermint candies,
very finely crushed
1. To make cookies: Blend butter, chocolate, and Splenda in medium bowl. With
electric mixer, beat well on medium speed. Add egg substitute and mint extract. Mix
briefly. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix on low speed until dough is
formed. Do not overmix.
2. Remove dough from bowl and divide in half. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill dough in
refrigerator 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil baking sheet and set
3. Roll out chilled dough on floured work surface to slightly less than ¼" thick. Cut
dough into 1" circles. Place 1" apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes.
Remove to plate to cool.
4. To make filling: Blend cream cheeses, vanilla extract, and Splenda. Set aside.
5. Sandwich the cooled cookies with 3/4 teaspoon filling. Press together lightly. Spread
any excess filling around outside of each cookie to help candies stick.
6. Roll cookies in candies, completely coating the outside. Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 60-65 Cookies
Nutritional Info Per Cookie: Calories: 50 calories, 2.5 g fat, 5 mg Cholesterol,
2 g protein, 6 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 55 mg sodium